The Planning Commission is a 7-member, non-partisan committee appointed by the City Council. The Planning Commission may act as the research and fact-finding agency of the municipality. The duties of the Planning Commission are to:
- Hold public meetings and make recommendations to the City Council on a wide variety of policies and plans such as the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning, and the Shoreline Master Program.
- Hold public hearings and review all Planned Unit Developments and Long Plats and make recommendations to the City Council.
- The Commission has final decision-making authority over Shoreline Substantial Development Permit applications, Land Use Variances, and Conditional Use Permits
- See Blaine Municipal Code: Chapter 2.56 for Planning Commission regulations
- 6:00 pm on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month see the calendar for specific dates.
- Calvin Armerding - Chair - 2nd term ending December 31, 2022
- Kevin Owens - Vice Chair - 1st term ending December 31, 2022
- Steve Hrutfiord - Member - 2nd term ending December 31, 2024
- Jessica H. Stone, PhD - Member - 1st term ending December 31, 2023
- Jerry Marczynski - Member - 1st term ending December 31, 2024
- James Bring - Member - 1st term ending December 31, 2024
- Vacant @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>