Full-Time Maintenance Worker
First review deadline: Friday, October 21, 2022, at 4:30pm; Open Until Filled
- Due to call out requirement, must live a short distance (within 20 minutes) from Blaine.
- Proficiency with various methods, tools and equipment used in all phases of job assignment.
- Ability to operate or learn to utilize the various tools and equipment outlined in the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently, is polite and courteous with supervisor, coworkers and the public, contributing to a positive, harmonious and efficient work environment even in stressful conditions.
- Ability to respond to emergency maintenance situations calmly and efficiently.
- Ability to work efficiently to ensure public safety on City streets, uninterrupted water, wastewater, and storm water services, and use of park and cemetery facilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a maintenance worker or in a similar field of sufficient length of time to prove competency in the skill areas.
- Participation in WA State Retirement
- Health benefits at 90-percent
- Vision care benefits at 100-percent
- Dental benefits at 100-percent
- 12 paid holidays (10 plus 2 floating)
- 15 paid vacation days starting (up to 26 days)
- 12 annual sick leave days
- City Matching Deferred Compensation