In response to the public health concerns regarding the spread of the Coronavirus or COVID-19, Blaine Community Development Services is taking the following actions:
- Limiting service counter hours from 9 AM to 12PM;
- Requiring an appointment for in-person service during these hours to provide sufficient room for social distancing. Appointments can be made by calling or emailing:
- For appointments with the building department please call 360-543-9983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For appointments regarding land use questions please call 360-332-8311 Ext 3337 or email email@example.com.
We are taking this step now to protect our customers and our staff.
Even though we are requiring appointments for in-person service, we are still very much “open for business”. We will continue to provide services for permit processing and inspection, and staff will be available to assist customers and the public via telephone, email and video conferencing options. Please be sure to continue to contact staff for the following inquiries:
- For building questions, including an update of permit status, call or email:
- For property questions or code enforcement issues call or email Allison Tompkins at 360-332-8311 Ext 3337 or ATompkins@cityofblaine.com
- For questions about economic development or tourism call or email Alex Wenger at 360-332-8311 Ext 3330 or AWenger@cityofblaine.com
If you are submitting building or land use permit, please consider submitting your application electronically. Electronic building permit submittals can be provided to our building department at Building@cityofblaine.com. Electronic land use permit submittals can be provided to Allison Tompkins at ATompkins@cityofblaine.com. Otherwise, please make an appointment for submittal.
If you are paying for a permit or providing a deposit fee, please consider using the following remote methods for payment:
- Pay by Check through Mail Service;
- Pay by Check using the Payment Drop Box at the front entrance to City Hall (435 Martin Street), or
- Pay by Credit Card (Note: To pay by credit card, the city contracts with nCourt for processing credit card payments. Visit the Blaine Payments website to pay online.)
Please be sure to include your permit number on your check or credit card payment.