What do I do about an abandoned vehicle ?

Normally vehicles may park on a city street for up to 24 hours. They are subject to citation and towing after 72 hours. The Public Safety Department handles abandoned vehicles on public right of way. Please call the Department at (360) 332-6769 during office hours, or click on 'Report a Concern' on the left in this page to report a vehicle that has been abandoned on public property or city streets. You will need to provide the location, vehicle description including license plate, and your contact information. You may also file the same information by emailing the Police Department. An officer will act on your complaint and may contact you if added information is needed or if you request contact. Officers will check the vehicle and attempt to locate the owner. The vehicle may be cited if abandoned on a city street: it will be towed if not removed. It is the homeowner's responsibility to take care of vehicles on their property; a tow company can assist you with removing an unwanted vehicle and there are normally fees for this service. An officer may inspect a vehicle on your private property and if appropriate will issue a 'hulk slip' for vehicles meeting certain criteria. If a vehicle has been left on your property without your permission, please call the Police Department for assistance.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. How do I get a copy of a police report?
3. What information do I need to cross the border into Canada ?
4. I’m going out of town. Will the police department check on my residence while I am away?
5. Do Blaine Police respond to alarms ?
6. What do I do about an abandoned vehicle ?
7. Why are Traffic Tickets so expensive ?